This approximate .75" round medium medallion Peace Symbol is handcrafted of lead free pewter and on an approximately 21" chain.
The Peace Symbol was originally designed and used by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in Britain in 1958. It is derived from the letters N and D in the Naval code of Semaphore (flag signaling). The N (nuclear) and D (disarmament) are positioned over each other. The Peace Symbol was adopted by war protestors in the 1960's and is enjoying a revival today.